About the PTA
At Tierra Antigua, our parents are an integral part of our school and community. Parents provide volunteer help for school-wide activities and field trips. They organize and carry out fundraising activities throughout the year, and serve as room parents in our classrooms. Here at TAES we have a very active PTA.
Our PTA sponsors:
- Yearly Jog-a-thon
- Winter Sock Hop Dance
- Fall Festival
- Book Bingo Nights
- Scholastic Book Fair each semester
- School pictures and Yearbooks are also coordinated by our PTA.
- PTA offers a Holiday Shop during the holiday season, so that students may do their shopping independently. Gift-Wrapping and delivery are a part of this event.
- The School Store is operated and organized by the PTA, and is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30am-8:45am. Students may purchase school shirts, pencils, water bottles and other items as well.
- The PTA provides funds for buses for field trips to each classroom, through their efforts
- The PTA provides school supplies and backpacks for students who may not be able to afford the school supplies needed each day.
Money raised by our PTA is put back into the classrooms and the school at large, so that students will benefit from these activities first-hand.