About the PTA
At Tierra Antigua, our parents are an integral part of our school and community. Parents provide volunteer help for school-wide activities and field trips, they organize and carry out fundraising activities throughout the year, and serve as room parents in our classrooms. Here at TAES we have a very active PTA. PTA sponsors our:
- Yearly jog-a-thon
- Winter Sock Hop
- Fall Festival
- Book Bingo Nights
- Scholastic Book Fair each semester
- A variety of fundraising events throughout the year
- School pictures and yearbooks are also coordinated by our PTA
- Holiday Shop during the holiday season, so that students may do their shopping independently.
Gift-Wrapping and delivery are a part of this event.
- Craft fairs each semester, which are open to vendors throughout the community
- School Store, operated and organized by the PTA, and is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30am-8:45am.
Students may purchase school shirts, pencils, water bottles and other items as well.
Money raised by our PTA is put back into the classrooms and the school at large so that students will benefit from these activities first-hand. PTA provides funds for buses for field trips to each classroom through these fundraising efforts. PTA also provides school supplies and backpacks for students who may not be able to purchase the school supplies needed each day.